Saturday, June 23, 2012

Homeschool Math classes: Saxon

Saxon Math has been around since the dawn of time.  Well....not really but it seems like it!  Saxon teaches math following the spiral method of teaching.  This means that your little Johnny will learn a bite sized new concept everyday and then practice what has been taught before. 

In the Saxon online math class, I will present the new ideas for the week to the class and then the rest of class time we will spend answering questions, performing thinking exercises, and then I will spend some one on one time with students who need a little extra tutoring.  A list of daily assignments will be given out.  Students will be expected to return the the completed assignment to me in about 5 days.  I will then go over the work and give out grades if the parent wishes.

I look forward to seeing you all there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment